Sonshine Christian Academy is looking for a full-time Elementary teacher. The qualified individual must be an evangelical born-again Christian committed to living Biblically. He/she is expected to demonstrate patience, humility, integrity, and kindness while performing his or her day-to-day duties. He/she must be devoted to prayerfully work with administration, faculty, students, and parents to develop and maintain a thoroughly Christian and academically superb school all for the glory of God. All Elementary teaching staff are directly responsible to the Principal.
1. Be deeply committed to a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
2. Spend time daily in personal devotions and prayer.
3. Show in his/her life the joy of the Christian life.
4. Be a member of a doctrinally sound Christian church.
5. Follow the Matthew 18 Principle in dealing with students, faculty, parents, and administration.
6. Evangelize and disciple students to accept God’s salvation gift and grow in their faith.
7. Possess the ability to work gracefully with parents, students, and other school staff to develop a unified and successful educational program.
8. Demonstrate the ability to accept and carry out responsibilities and make competent, professional decisions.
9. Be willing to eagerly participate in professional and spiritual development.
10. Recognize the role of parents as primarily responsible before God for their children’s education and be prepared to assist them in that task.
11. Maintain a personal appearance that is a Christian role model of cleanliness, modesty, good taste, and in agreement with school policy.
12. Respectfully submit and be loyal to constituted authority. Shall notify the administration of any policy he/she is unable to support.
1. Holds a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
2. Current State Teaching Certificate in Elementary Education preferred.
3. Two or more years of classroom teaching experience preferred.
4. Knowledge of computer technology required.
5. Willingness to pursue higher education and continue progress in career development.
6. Willingness and ability to coach/sponsor extracurricular activities preferred.
1. The teacher will provide classroom instruction in Grades 1-3 (We will add additional grades over time).
2. Must have computer skills to employ computer programs to post grades and communicate with parents.
3. Must also have a willingness and ability to assist in school programs and extracurricular activities.
4. Maintain clear, open, and professional communication with parents.
5. To work with the administration to keep parents adequately informed of student discipline.
6. Integrate Biblical principles and perspectives throughout all curriculums from a Biblical worldview.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org